The Nebraska Municipal Power Pool (NMPP), the energy-related services organization of NMPP Energy, elected officers for its board of directors for fiscal year 2023-24 at its annual meeting March 22 in Lincoln, Neb.
Those elected to one-year terms as officers of the board of directors beginning April 1 were:
- Mike Palmer, electric superintendent, Sidney, Neb, president;
- Edward Dunn, city superintendent, Grant, Neb., vice president;
- Bill Hinton, electric superintendent, Kimball, Neb., secretary/treasurer.
Those elected to the 16-member NMPP board to represent their population category were:
- 20,000-plus population: Travis Burdett, assistant utilities director, Grand Island, Neb.
- More than 5,000-less than 20,000: Brent Nation, city manager, Fort Morgan, Colo.
- 5,000 or less: Bill Hinton, Kimball, Neb., Randy Woldt, utility superintendent/administrator, Wisner, Neb.
The 16-member board meets quarterly to conduct and manage the business affairs of NMPP. The three officers also will serve on NMPP Energy’s Joint Operating Committee, which includes members from the four NMPP Energy entities.