Network with peers, learn about opportunities and strategies for your community!
Sept. 7-8, 2021 • The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel
To register online, click here.
To download the Conference brochure and registration form, click here
Kris served as an Army Ranger in the 2nd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment and private private security contractor who was deployed throughout South America, Central America, Middle East and North Africa. he was part of the CIA Annex Security Team that responded to the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi. Paronto's story is told in the book "13 hours" and in the 2016 major motion film with the same title.
Employee Recruitment and Retention (two-session series)
Andie Gordman of the SilverStone Group will present a two-session series on building a competive strategy to assist with recruiting and retaining top talent and building culture.
- Understanding of today’s workforce statistics and predictions for the future
- Statistics on length of service for employees entering the workforce today
- Employees needs beyond pay and benefits
- How culture impacts employee engagement and retention
- A total rewards approach to employee retention
- How a well-crafted strategy can assist your organization with recruitment and retention
- Benchmarking of wages and benefits
- Best practices in recruiting
- How to create career pathing and increase retention
- Ideas for recruiting and retaining skilled labor
Annexation Advantages and Pitfalls for Utilities
A panel of speakers representing Colorado, Iowa and Nebraska will discuss and and answer questions about the advantages and pitfalls regarding annexation issues for municipal utilities.
State Energy Issues Panel Discussion
State representatives from Colorado, Iowa and Nebraska will provide an informative overview of the current energy and legislative environment in their respective states.
Tuesday, Sept. 7
- 3 p.m. - Registration
- 3 p.m. - NMPP Board Meeting
- 5-6:15 p.m. - Social Time
- 6:30 p.m. - Banquet
Wednesday, Sept. 8
- 6:30 a.m. - Breakfast
- 7 a.m. - Registration Opens
- 8 a.m. - Welcome/Opening
- 8:15 a.m. - Keynote Speaker
- 9:30 a.m. - Break/Network with Peers
- 9:50 a.m. - Annexation Advantages & Pitfalls for Utilities
- 11 a.m. - Mutual Aid
- 12:15 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. - Employee Recruitment & Retention - Part 1
- 2:30 p.m. - Employee Recruitment & Retention - Part 2
- 3:30 p.m. - State Issues Panel Discussion
One complimentary registration will be given to an elected official with every paid member registration.
To Book Lodging:
To electronically book the group rate for the NMPP Energy Annual Conference click: LODGING.
You can also call LIncoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel at 1-888-236-2427. Group rate: $101+tax. (Cut off date: Aug. 17, 2021 for group rate.) Group name: NMPP 2021 Annual Meeting.
For more information regarding the conference, contact Amber Degner (firstname.lastname@example.org).