MEAN elects officers for 2019-20
January 17, 2019
The Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska (MEAN) held officer and Executive Committee elections at its annual meeting Jan. 17 in Kearney, Neb.
Those elected to one-year terms as officers of the MEAN board of directors beginning April 1 were:
- Tom Goulette, city administrator/utility superintendent, West Point, Neb., chair
- Tom Ourada, city administrator, Crete, Neb., vice chair
- Darrel Wenzel, chief executive officer, Waverly (Iowa) Utilities, secretary/treasurer
The board acts as the final authority on rates and charges to MEAN long-term, total requirements participants.
The management committee officers elected were:
- Todd Kielkopf, City representative, Carlisle, Iowa, chair
- Brent Nation, director of water resources and utilities, Fort Morgan, Colo., vice chair
- Jeremy Tarr, electric superintendent, Broken Bow, Neb., secretary-treasurer
Among the committee’s functions is planning current and future power supply. It includes a designated representative from each of MEAN’s wholesale power participant communities.
Four representatives were elected as at-large Executive Committee members:
- Bill Hinton, electric superintendent, Kimball, Neb.
- Doug Schultz, city administrator/clerk/treasurer, Curtis, Neb.
- Adam Suppes, electric superintendent, Delta, Colo.
- Jeff Wells, city manager, Fort Morgan, Colo.