MEAN elects Board officers for 2020-21
January 23, 2020
The Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska (MEAN) elected officers for its board of directors for fiscal year 2020-21 at its annual meeting Jan. 23 in Kearney, Neb.
Those re-elected to one-year terms as officers of the MEAN board of directors beginning April 1 were:
- Tom Goulette, city administrator/utility superintendent, West Point, Neb., chair
- Tom Ourada, city administrator, Crete, Neb., vice chair
- Darrel Wenzel, chief executive officer, Waverly (Iowa) Utilities, secretary/treasurer
The board acts as the final authority on rates and charges to MEAN long-term, total requirements participants. The board consists of designated representatives from each of MEAN’s wholesale power participant communities in Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming and Iowa.
Four representatives were elected as at-large Executive Committee members:
- Bill Hinton, electric superintendent, Kimball, Neb.
- Doug Schultz, city administrator/clerk/treasurer, Curtis, Neb.
- Adam Suppes, electric superintendent, Delta, Colo.
- Mike Palmer, electric superintendent, Sidney, Neb.