NMPP Utility Training Sessions to start in January
December 05, 2019
The Nebraska Municipal Power Pool will hold its annual series of utility training sessions on a variety of topics at three different locations across Nebraska during late January and early March 2020.
Locations include Lincoln, Broken Bow and Sidney in Nebraska and will include two, six-hour training sessions at each location. Each site will hold a session on safety training led by Kansas Municipal Utilities (KMU) and a vendor/in-house training session.
The in-house training topics will include:
- 811 Diggers Hotline new rules, including how to use ITIC (electronically filing locates)
- State electrical inspection - update on new rules on services
- Equal Potential Personal Protection Grounding
- Copper theft
- CT Metering Testing
The KMU safety training topics will include:
- Arc Flash Safety
- Aerial Bucket Truck Safety
- Safety Attitude
- Tailgate Briefings and Situational Awareness
- Rigging and Lifting Safety
The current 2020 training session schedule:
- Jan. 30 - Vendor/In-House Training
- March 5 - Safety Training led by Kansas Municipal Utilities
Broken Bow, Neb.
- Jan. 29 - Vendor/In-House Training
- March 4 - Safety Training led by Kansas Municipal Utilities
- Jan. 28 - Vendor/In-House Training
- March 3 - Safety Training led by Kansas Municipal Utilities
All NMPP member utilities are eligible to attend the six-hour sessions. Cost is $500 per year with up to five attendees per participant community.
For more information or to register, contact: