NMPP provides scholarship funding for training opportunities
November 05, 2018
The Nebraska Municipal Power Pool (NMPP) now provides scholarship funding for various electric utility training opportunities through its Electric Utility Training Initiative Scholarship.
If an application is approved, NMPP will provide funding for the reimbursement of registration/tuition fees of a qualifying program related to the electric utility industry. Examples of qualifying training opportunities include:
- Lineworker training (workshops provided by state municipal associations or approved community college course);
- Lineworker correspondence course such as the Merchant Job Training and Safety Program;
- Power plant operator training;
- Refresher utility course such as meter schools or lineworker schools;
- Safety training program sponsored by state utility section/association.
Additionally, NMPP has partnered with Kansas Municipal Utilities (KMU) in an effort for NMPP communities to be eligible for member pricing on KMU’s wide variety of utility training opportunities. KMU has a state-of-the-art training facility in McPherson, Kan., and offers training programs year-round.
To download a scholarship application click here. To check KMU’s calendar of available training opportunities click here. For more information, contact Mandy Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 234-2595 ext. 259.